CyberTrust Massachusetts is a new non-profit committed to growing and diversifying the cyber workforce, creating new and innovative opportunities for education and employment, and hardening the security posture of under-resourced local entities. Leveraging state and federal startup funding, CyberTrust enhances cyber education programs with hands-on, experiential learning, both through our state-of-the-art cyber range and by placing students in a live security operations center (SOC) that serves local governments, nonprofits and small businesses. To collaborate on this ambitious agenda, CyberTrust is forming a consortium of committed companies and colleges—anchored in community colleges and state universities, where programs can best reach underrepresented groups. By partnering together, we can ensure that any student interested in cybersecurity has options towards a high-wage job with pathways for growth, and that any local government has access to affordable and effective cybersecurity services.
Director of Outreach and Development
CyberTrust has begun its key mission activities in workforce development and security services. We have also recruited the first college and corporate members of our Consortium. As we quickly scale up our mission activities, we will broaden our efforts to secure resourcing for our growing mission. In addition to seeking broad membership participation from area colleges and companies, we will be pursuing philanthropic donations from individuals, companies and foundations. We will also seek out government grants (state and federal) targeting areas aligned with our mission, such as workforce development and training; diversity, equity and inclusion; cybersecurity; and STEM.
This broad effort in fundraising will be led by the Director of Outreach and Development, who will set and execute a comprehensive strategy for our fundraising activity.
This role is located in Massachusetts (work-from-home), with regular engagement with local colleges and companies.
- Set the strategy for CyberTrust membership and fundraising efforts.
- Target and recruit corporate members for the Consortium, establishing a membership structure that provides value for members for a price they are willing to pay.
- Recruit college members for the Consortium, ensuring strong value propositions for a range of institutions, from community colleges to research universities.
- Develop individual and corporate philanthropic support.
- Identify grants from private foundations, state and federal government to support the CyberTrust mission, and execute the successful application process start to finish.
- Lead CyberTrust Consortium collaboration efforts among companies and colleges, including establishing the online community that connects individuals from member organizations.
- Lead the planning and execution of CyberTrust outreach events.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 10 years work experience, with 5 years in non-profit fundraising (must have)
- Experience leading successful fundraising campaigns (must have)
- Experience managing long term donor relationships (must have)
- Successful capture of foundation or government grants (must have)
- Experience building relationships at senior corporate levels (must have)
- Experience leading an active volunteer community to action (preferred)
- Experience with member community organizing platforms (preferred)
- Mission driven—motivated to create positive change
- Passionate about advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Risk-taker; comfortable working without a playbook
- Learning and growth mindset
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com